Since becoming a free agent I have drilled so many bowling balls and here is my top 5 of them! This list is my opinion and was my top five as of the time of recording!
#`1 - Hammer Obsession Tour Pearl bowling ball
Hammerheads have been obsessed with the Obsession Tour since its release in February. The Obsession Tour provided an incredibly unique ball motion, and bowlers have wanted more of it, but for lanes in transition and breaking down. The Obsession Tour Pearl glides effortlessly through the body of the lane and has an aggressive motion continuation movement throughout the backend and through the pin deck. The Obsession Tour Pearl is an all-gold ball that Hammer fans will love!
CORE: Obsession Tour
COVERSTOCK: TourV2 Pearl
COVER TYPE: Pearl Reactive
FINISH: 500, 1000, 1500 Siaair / Crown Factory
Compound WEIGHTS: 16-12 Pounds
LANE CONDITION: Medium oil
REACTION: Skid / Flip
WARRANTY: Two years from purchase date
hammer Bowling Balls
#2 - 900 global reality bowling ball
The ALL-NEW Reality brings a solid version of the incredibly strong S84 Response cover to the table. Combined with a revolutionary core, the Reality will be the strongest ball 900 Global offers!
The S84 Response solid cover utilizes a technology that promotes up to 20% larger pore sizes. By offering this cover in a 2000 Abralon finish, we have ensured maximum traction in the heaviest of oil. The Reality will rival the original Volatility in terms of overall hook.
The Disturbance Asymmetric core creates asymmetry by having differing shapes on the bottom and top of the weight block. This core was designed with a focus on a shape that will fill a space with the least amount of material, yet still yield the RG/Diff values that all bowlers demand.
Coverstock: S84 Response Solid
Weight Block: Disturbance Asymmetric
Factory Finish: 2000 Abralon
Flare Potential: 5+
Radius of Gyration (RG): 15lbs – 2.49
Differential (Diff): 15lbs – .052
Intermediate Differential (Diff): 15lbs – .018
900 global Bowling Balls
#3 - Storm Trend bowling ball
The latest collaboration with Jason Belmonte and Storm present the new Storm Trend bowling ball, part of Storm Bowling’s High Performance Signature line of bowling balls.
Benjamin Franklin’s famously quoted in 1789 that “there are no sure things in life other than death and taxes,” but he forgot a third guarantee in life—that in our sport, more entry angle leads to a wider pocket! And if you have been using Storm for a number of years, then you know that feeling you get when you leak the ball a little more to the outside than others on your pair and still get it to come back to the pocket! You know that feeling, and it’s a good one! It’s how tournaments are won.
- Color: Aqua/Sapphire/Teal
- Coverstock: R2S Pearl Reactive
- Weight Block: Piston Core
- Factory Finish: 1500 Grit Polished
- Flare Potential: High
- Radius of Gyration (RG): 15lbs – 2.52
- Differential (Diff): 15lbs – 0.049
- Fragrance: Blueberry
Storm Bowling Balls
#4 - Hammer Raw Hammer Solid bowling ball
RAW POWER AND PERFORMANCE!
We’re Hammer, and we’re not going to do things like everyone else, thus, the Raw Hammer series. The difference with these balls is, we took performance and being unique into account. This series was created to enhance a Hammerhead’s bag and gives newer bowlers performance options with their first Hammer purchase.
Hammer recommends Tough Scrub to keep your RAW Hammer performing its best!
- PERFORMANCE Lower Mid
- PART NUMBER 60-106526-93X
- COLOR Black
- CORE Raw Hammer
- CORE TYPE Symmetric
- COVERSTOCK Juiced Solid
- COVER TYPE Solid Reactive
- FINISH 500, 1500, 3000 Siaair Micro Pad
- WEIGHTS 16-10 Pounds
- LANE CONDITION Medium oil
- REACTION Strong Arc
- WARRANTY Two years from purchase date
RG / DIFF
- 15 lb – RG (2.537) DIFF (0.038)
Hammer Bowling Balls
#5 - motiv pride bowling ball
Versatility. Continuation. With a brand-new core and cover stock, the Pride from MOTIV is the designed to be the perfect benchmark piece. Unique from anything currently available from MOTIV, the Pride fits perfectly into the medium oil position of the ball guide.
The new technology at the heart of the Pride is the Dominion core. It has specifications that place it between the Gear APG and the asymmetrical cores seen in the Trident and Jackal series. These unique asymmetric specifications leverage the physics of the Dominion core so the Pride can be used on moderate volumes of oil and higher friction than the typical asymmetric bowling ball.
Additionally, now that weight holes are illegal in competition, the asymmetric Dominion core will enable players to control ball motion more than most symmetric cores. MOTIV Tour Rep, Brett Spangler, said, “What’s so cool about this core to me is that I never felt like I was throwing an asym. I get the versatility of the asymmetrical core, but the Pride never wanted to go too forward down lane or glue up too much in the front. To have the versatility of an asym without some of the traditional drawbacks is incredible.”
The Dominion core is encased with the latest reactive Coercion cover stock from MOTIV called UCS – Ultimate Continuation Solid. It was created by providing more length and more angle to the existing Coercion MXC cover technology. This new UCS Reactive cover stock is the most versatile Coercion shell to date and complements the unique specifications of the Dominion core perfectly.
Weight Block: Dominion
Cover Stock: Coercion UCS Solid Reactive
Finish: 4000 Grit LSS
Flare Potential: 5″+
Link to my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/MotivLou
When To Use the Motiv Pride Bowling Ball:
- Speed Dominant: Bowlers with higher speed or lower rev rates benefit greatly from asymmetrical cores. Providing versatility in drilling and the ability to limit the skid phase for bowlers who struggle to get the ball to slow down is a massive plus.
- Balanced: For balanced bowlers this is the centerpiece to their arsenal. The Pride is the first ball out of the bag and the one used most often. The controllable core and cover combination allows balanced bowlers to use the Pride on a variety of surfaces and concentrations of oil. The easily tuned Coercion UCS Cover can also be shined or scuffed to allow an even broader window for balanced bowlers to use the Pride.
- Rev Dominant:For many rev dominant bowlers, asymmetrical balls are too strong to use on house shots and moderate oil patterns. A lower differential and cleaner cover than most asymmetrical solids allows rev dominant bowlers to have an asym in their bag that they can use on many more patterns and higher friction surfaces.