ARLINGTON, Texas – Live coverage of three Professional Women’s Bowling Association Tour majors, continued coverage of collegiate events, and the return of televised finals for youth events highlight a 13-event television schedule on CBS Sports Network in 2023.
The stepladder finals of the United States Bowling Congress Queens from Sam’s Town Bowling Center in Las Vegas on May 23 will be the first of three live PWBA Tour majors televised by CBS Sports Network.
The stepladder finals of the U.S. Women’s Open follows on June 20 from ABC Gates Bowl in Rochester, New York, and the stepladder finals of the PWBA Tour Championship complete CBS Sports Network’s live coverage on Aug. 15 from Cadillac Xtreme Bowling Center in Waterloo, Iowa. Each of the three two-hour live events are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Eastern.
“We’re excited to continue to partner with CBS Sports Network to bring live coverage of the PWBA’s most important events to our fans,” said Frank DeSocio, Executive Director of the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America. “Televising the finals of these three majors helps bring top-of-mind awareness to the talented athletes competing on the PWBA Tour.”
In addition to live coverage of the women’s professional majors, CBS Sports Network will feature four shows from the Intercollegiate Team and Singles Championships, the finals of all four divisions of the Junior Gold Championships, and the two title matches at the USA Bowling National Championships.
The last time the finals of the Junior Gold Championships and the USA Bowling National Championships were broadcast on television was at the 2019 events in Detroit.
“Bringing back televised coverage for these youth events was a priority, and we’re glad we were able to work with CBS Sports Network to make these telecasts a reality,” said Melissa McDaniel, President of the United States Bowling Congress. “The competitors in these events truly represent the future of the sport and it’s important to highlight their talents.”
The finals of college bowling’s premier events, the Intercollegiate Singles Championships and Intercollegiate Team Championships, will be held at South Point Bowling Plaza in Las Vegas and will kick off CBS Sports Network’s 2023 coverage with telecasts on four consecutive Tuesdays in April and May, all at 7 p.m. Eastern.
The ISC women’s finals will air Tuesday, April 25, followed by the ISC men’s finals on May 2, the ITC women’s title match on May 9 and the ITC men’s final on May 16.
Rounding out CBS Sports Network’s 2023 coverage are the finals of the USA Bowling Championships on consecutive Tuesdays in July, and the boys and girls finals in each of the four divisions of the Junior Gold Championships in August. Both events will be contested in Indianapolis.
The U12 division finals of the USA Bowling Championships will be televised Tuesday, July 18, at 7 p.m. Eastern and will be followed by the finals of the U15 division Tuesday, July 25, also at 7 p.m. Eastern.
The finals of the U12 and U15 divisions at the Junior Gold Championships are slated to be televised on back-to-back Tuesdays, Aug. 1 and 8. After a one-week hiatus, the finals of the U18 and U20 divisions will be televised on consecutive Tuesdays, Aug. 22 and 29. Each of the four Junior Gold telecasts are scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Eastern.
The 2023 CBS Sports Network bowling schedule is as follows (all times Eastern):
PWBA Finals (all live):
- Tuesday, May 23, 7 p.m., USBC Queens, Las Vegas
- Tuesday, June 20, 7 p.m., U.S. Women’s Open, Rochester, N.Y.
- Tuesday, Aug. 15, 7 p.m., PWBA Tour Championship, Waterloo, Iowa
USBC Intercollegiate Championships (taped April 22)
- Tuesday, April 25, 7 p.m., Intercollegiate Singles Championship (Women), Las Vegas
- Tuesday, May 2, 7 p.m., Intercollegiate Singles Championship (Men), Las Vegas
- Tuesday, May 9, 7 p.m., Intercollegiate Team Championship (Women), Las Vegas
- Tuesday, May 16, 7 p.m., Intercollegiate Team Championship (Men), Las Vegas
USBC Youth Championships (taped July 14 and 22)
- Tuesday, July 18, 7 p.m., USA Bowling National Championships (U12 division), Indianapolis
- Tuesday, July 25, 7 p.m., USA Bowling National Championships (U15 division), Indianapolis
- Tuesday, Aug. 1, 7 p.m., Junior Gold Championships (U12 division), Indianapolis
- Tuesday, Aug. 8, 7 p.m., Junior Gold Championships (U15 division), Indianapolis
- Tuesday, Aug. 22, 7 p.m., Junior Gold Championships (U18 division), Indianapolis
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, 7 p.m., Junior Gold Championships (U20 division), Indianapolis
Visit CBSSportsNetwork.com for listings and channel information, including information on rebroadcasts of these telecasts.
Visit BOWL.com/Collegiate to learn more about the Intercollegiate Team and Singles Championships.
For information on the Junior Gold Championships and USA Bowling National Championships, visit BOWL.com/Youth.
The PWBA Tour, Junior Gold Championships and USA Bowling National Championships are collaboratively funded by the BPAA and USBC.